The ramblings and many adventures of a horse crazed city girl who collects model horses.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wachovia Classic at Beacon Hill

I was so very happy this past weekend. My boyfriend surprised me with a trip to the Wachovia Classic at Beacon Hill. It had been so long since I'd been around horses. He even let me drag him back the next day to see the Budwiser Grand Prix. I've never been to a Grand Prix before and it was amazing to see my childhood heros up close. All of the horses were amazing. Joe Fargis won with his horse Edgar. I thought it was awesome since Joe and Edgar were two of the oldest competitors there. It was great to watch such a well paired rider and horse jumping so well. On the model horse side of things, I picked up two stablemates when we stopped at Target on the way to the horse show. They didn't have a huge selection but I got the new Tennessee Walker and Andalusian. I especially love the paint job and eyes on the Andalusian. It's amazing how far the paint jobs on stablemates have come since I first started collecting. Well, this is my first blog on here. Let me know what you think of it!

No comments: