The ramblings and many adventures of a horse crazed city girl who collects model horses.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Back from my first live show!

Well, after almost ten years of collecting I finally made it to my first live show. I didn't get any 1st or 2nd placings but I did come home with nine ribbons at the end of the day. It was pretty amazing to meet fellow collectors. I've never actually met another model horse collector in person before today. Pretty pathetic, huh? :)

I did have a bit of confusion, due to a beginners mistake on my part. My custom Fresian had won a NAN card in a draft class before I bought him so that is how I intended on showing him. However, I was informed that Fresians should actually be in the carriage breed class. That class had already been judged but the judge was nice enough to let me put him in "other draft".

Peter Stone released a couple of horses at the show but none of them really struck my fancy. I did pick up a Texas Trinket though. I'll shoot some pictures once I get home but here is what she looks like.

No comments: